|Location:||East Liverpool, Ohio, OH|
|Benefits:||Health/Dental, Vision,Critical Illness, Accident, Life, Disability, 401K with company match, Profit Sharing, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Bonus Program|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Heritage Thermal Services
East Liverpool, Ohio
The newly created Safety Engineer will play a key role in ensuring the plant operations are managed and supported is a best in class manner with regard to safety. Reporting to the plant EHS Manager, the Safety Engineer is responsible for supporting the Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Program (RMP) programs including the development.
- Assess and update plant PSM programs in partnership with PSM Coordinator, and site and operations leaders.
- Conduct internal audits to identify areas of improvements.
- Provide expertise and technical support to maintain Process Safety and Risk Assessment Information.
- Support a culture that communicates risk assessment and process safety knowledge across the business.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts with operations and engineering teams to identify and execute programs designed to continually improve occupational safety and IH performance through improved ergonomics, work practices, engineering controls, etc.
- Lead employee life critical safety programs including Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space Rescue, Fall Protection, etc.
- Provide technical support to ensure compliance with the appropriate regulations. Will support EHS with interfacing with regulatory agencies concerning occupational safety and IH.
- Serves as a mentor and technical advisor to operations and engineering teams; Provides support to project or incident investigations teams to help identify and mitigate risks.
- Lead employee health and physical exposure surveillance programs, including Respiratory Protection Program, Hearing Conservation Program, Medical surveillance Program.
- Implement new process safety initiatives.
- Assist with and verify risk assessment calculations.
- Support plant wide projects and function as a key contributor from a safety perspective. Ensure safety is built into the design of each project.
- Takes a lead role in the planning, implementation and support of a fire protection system project in the locations warehouse.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, reduce delays and streamline work processes; works cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Evaluates contractors' performance in meeting agency requirements and objectives, interprets existing standards, develops new standards, reviews design documentation, and advises agency and contractor management regarding fire safety, property protection and public safety.
- Provides technical advice to contractors, architects and engineers while reviewing system plans, monitoring code information and conducting site inspections for new construction projects.
- Provide site specific training on employee protection and exposure, PSM/RMP, others as needed
|Qualifications:|| Requirements: |
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, chemistry or related discipline.
- Minimum of five years of experience in an engineering, industrial hygiene or safety role in the chemical, refining or industrial environment.
- Strong fire prevention knowledge and skills.
•· Experience with PSM implementation at a refinery or petrochemical plant covered under the OSHA PSM Standard considered a plus.
•· Experience in leading /facilitating risk assessment studies (QRAs, HAZOP, LOPA, Fault Tree, FMEA, SWIFT, etc.) considered a plus.
•· Through knowledge of risk management programs and PSM standards.
•· Strong project management skills and the ability to manage outside contract resources to accomplish specific goals.
•· The ability to interact and influence others behavior through the use of positive communication and relationship building skills.
•· Strong experience with communicating with senior leaders.
•· A champion of continuous improvement and best practices.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.